Locations and maps
The WMU Pilot Plants are housed in three different buildings, all located on the campus of Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo. The Plants are located off of US-131, north of I-94. Specific plant directions, maps, and GPS locations are below.
Recycling, Paper and Coating Pilot Plants
WMU Parkview Campus
4651 Campus Drive • Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5441
- On US-131 (north of I-94), take exit #36A, Stadium Drive.
- From US-131 South, turn right onto Stadium Drive.
- From US-131 North, exit #36A merges onto Stadium Drive.
- Turn right at the first traffic light onto Drake Road.
- At the next traffic light, go straight through and enter WMU's Parkview Campus.
- Turn right onto Engineering Drive West, the fourth driveway.
- Just past the square gray building on your left, turn left, drive to the end and park along the back edge of the larger gray building (no brick), and park.
- Ring the green doorbell located to the left of the dock door. Pilot plant personnel will provide you with a parking pass to hang on the rearview mirror of your car.
From Kalamazoo International Airport
- Leave the airport by turning right onto Portage Road.
- At the light just beyond highway I-94 overpass, turn right and merge onto westbound I-94.
- At Exit #74, turn north onto US-131. At the next Exit #36A, turn east onto Stadium Drive.
- Continue to your destination by following the plant-specific directions above.